Why Investing in a Water Backup System is a Smart Choice for Homeowners
Between severe loadshedding and regular water supply cuts, the onus has been on homeowners to make sure that they have self-sustaining power and water measures in place. That’s why investing in a water backup system may just be the smartest move you can make. At Windy Willows, we realise that there is a need for a solution to your water woes.
How a Water Backup System Can Help You
A water backup system is an automated system that provides you with water from a storage source in case of a water supply outage. To do this, a water tank is connected to the municipal water supply and then to your home via a series of pipes. The water stored in the tank can easily be filtered into your home when you experience a water outage. The tank will then be refilled once the water supply is back on.
This system offers you the ultimate convenience in that water supply outages will have little to no effect on your daily life. Still, there are other ways having a water tank can enhance your lifestyle.
- It can be educational. While this is not the first benefit that comes to mind when you think of a water backup system, it is an important one. The climate crisis has led to droughts in many areas, and it has become imperative to protect one of our most important resources. Installing a water tank could be turned into a “teachable” moment for you and your family. It presents the perfect opportunity to foster awareness of ways to best conserve water and the importance behind it.
- It can increase the value of your property. Green living has become the norm for modern homeowners. Thus, there has been an increased demand for homes that include sustainable features. A water tank does just that, not to mention that it can drastically lower utility costs for potential buyers and/or renters. This, along with the surety that they will not have to be concerned with water outages, automatically bumps up the value of your property, meaning you can sell or rent it for more.
- It can get you off the grid. No longer being dependent on the municipal water supply can give you peace of mind. If a water crisis, such as drought, comes around, you will be mostly protected. Not only will you have a backup supply of water to use during a shortage, but you will also have access to potable water should the need arise.
- It can save you money. Having a backup water supply can save on your utility costs each month, since you will be less dependent on the municipal water supply, thus lowering your water consumption and your monthly utility costs. While there is an initial cost involved in installing a water tank, it is a short-term expense for a long-term investment. Your initial investment is replenished quickly when you manage to save much more in the long run.
Your Water Backup System Options at Windy Willows
If these benefits piqued your interest, then get in touch with us to assist you in installing your water backup system. By working with us, you can ensure that the installation will be done by experienced professionals. We offer three installation options:
- Combining with rainwater harvesting. This is the more costly option, but it allows you to save much in the long term as you can benefit from rainwater harvesting in addition to the municipal supply.
- A manual tank. This system is not automated, which means you will have to fill the tank yourself. We provide all the necessary products you will need for these installations.
- An automated tank. The automated tank will fill itself up by using the mains as soon as it is running low. Though, you can also fill it manually if you need to.
If you would like to cash in on the benefits of having your own water backup system, then contact us today.