Bringing Nature Indoors: Exploring the Best Indoor Plants for a Healthy and Vibrant Home
Plants can add so much beauty to an indoor area and they can even improve your health. Whether you live in a house or apartment indoor plants can improve any space. At Windy Willows, we understand the importance of bringing nature inside. It can be a huge boost for your mental and physical health, especially when you are working from home.
The Best House Plants for Your Health
It may seem a little odd to say that something as simple as keeping a plant in your home could do anything to improve your well-being, but it’s true. From being great mood enhancers to purifying the air around you, research has shown that plants can truly transform an indoor space.
Now, we didn’t really need any more reasons to love plants, but anything that is good for the soul is a winner in our books. There are many different types of plants that can be kept indoors, with some needing more work than others. We have compiled a list of our favourite indoor plants for you to consider.
- Ferns are one of the best “air cleaning” plants that you can keep in your home. This is great for your physical health in the long run. They do require a bit more effort than a few of the others on this list. Our top picks include the asparagus fern and the cat’s tail fern.
- Having a row of pots containing herbs in your home can be very beneficial. Most herbs contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, which can add a lot to your dietary health. Some herb plants, like lavender, can even reduce stress and anxiety.
- The reason lilies have made it on this list is simply for being aesthetically pleasing. As simple as it may seem, sometimes all it takes to brighten your mood is to look at something beautiful. Most lilies are also evergreen, and one of our favourites has to be the spotted arum lily.
- Mother-in-Law’s Tongue. A great low-maintenance plant is the snake plant, otherwise known as mother-in-law’s tongue. This is a fantastic option for anyone who struggles to keep plants alive and thriving. They live on minimal water and grow in practically any type of light. One of their great health benefits, though, is the fact that can remove toxins in the air.
- This plant is known for its amazing ability to produce vast amounts of oxygen and reduce carbon dioxide levels. The fern is a fantastic addition to any home, it is a relatively low maintenance plant that requires a sunny spot and enough water.
- Succulents are known as the plant killer’s best friend as they are very low-maintenance and easy to take care of, since they are drought resistant. They also come in many varied shapes, sizes, and colours, which means that you can keep your home bright and fun. Some varieties even have fascinating abilities, like the jade plant which can increase humidity in an indoor space.
At Windy Willows you have the benefit of buying a variety of plants directly from the farm at wholesale prices. We offer a range of services to assist you in looking after your garden, these include landscaping design and installation, irrigation, rainwater harvesting design and installation as well as much, much more. So, if you would like to experience the many health benefits of owning a house plant, contact Windy Willows today, our experts will assist you in finding the best indoor plant for your home.