Automated Irrigation Systems and Your Garden
Though it can, at times, be a hassle to maintain our precious gardens, the results are oh-so-worth-it. Nothing beats walking out into a tranquil green oasis and knowing that you are the one who created this little sliver of paradise. It is that very feeling that speaks to so many passionate green thumbs out there and it is part of the reason why Windy Willows exists. Now, automated irrigation systems can remove the hassle out of gardening and leave only the enjoyable moments you get to revel in your magical outdoor space. Maintenance usually requires work and, in the case of a garden made up of a variety of plants with varying needs, that work is often more. One of the main issues many gardeners run into is water. Whether it is the struggle of manually watering the garden or the stress of seeing your water bill at the end of the month, we’ve all been there. But what if we told you that there is a way to avoid these struggles? An automated irrigation system may be just what the garden doctor ordered.
How Do Automated Irrigation Systems Work?
Before we consider the amazing benefits, let’s first peek at the mechanics behind it. These systems use a controller and timer to set up an automated watering schedule for your garden. Delving into the details, we explain what the system is made up of and how each part works:
- The controller: Arguably the most important component, the controller is attached to the valves which are in a box in the ground. The main water source flows through this box and splits off into the separate valves.
- The valves: These valves are attached to the controller and all the pipes. They are managed by the controller’s electrical impulses and timer to be turned on and off at scheduled times.
- Sprinkler heads and pipes: You would also then need sprinklers that would receive water from the underground pipes.
Windy Willows stocks all the components you need to install an automated irrigation system. We even offer different types of sprinkler systems to meet your specific irrigation needs. We offer pop-ups for your lawn and grass areas, micro misters for narrower beds and risers which are used for your flower beds and harder-to-reach plants.
Benefits of an Automated Irrigation System
Of course, before taking the next step by requesting quotes and installing a system, you will want to know how you can benefit from it. See the list of excellent advantages of an automated irrigation system:
- Goodbye manual labour: Gone are the days of pulling a hose through your garden and then struggling with pesky knots and blocks. Now that everything is automated, you won’t even have to be at home for your garden to get the water it needs. All you need to do is get your system installed, set up a schedule, and then flip a switch.
- Professionals to the rescue: By hiring the right people for the job, you can rest easy knowing that your system has been installed correctly and a professional can help you maintain it. At Windy Willows, our landscaper will even measure your property and draw up an irrigation plan that suits your garden best. And this is included in the consultation.
- Efficiency is key: Another great benefit is that automated irrigation systems are so much more effective. Since there is usually a professional set-up, you won’t come across dry patches because your sprinkler missed a spot. The coverage is also more precise, so your garden will neither be over- nor under-watered. This will save you money in the long run as your water bill will remain consistent and won’t give you a nasty surprise at the end of the month.
If you want a quote for a professionally installed automated irrigation system, contact us today.