5 Types of Gardens You Can Create with Our Landscaping Services
For centuries, people have tapped into the aesthetic power of landscaping by designing outdoor spaces just as – if not more – beautiful than their indoor homes. Gardens are more than just an extended area of land surrounding your residence or business; they provide humans with peace and tranquillity. If you have been neglecting your yard for too long and wish to tap into the beauty of nature, our landscaping services can help.
Reasons to Start Landscaping
By designing a functional garden for which you can care, you are benefitting from so much more than the kerb appeal of your home. Science is showing that horticultural therapy (spending time gardening for therapeutic purposes) has plenty of advantages. Gardening lowers stress hormones like cortisol, quiets the mind, and plays a vital role in alleviating the symptoms of anxiety, depression, and other mental-health issues. If you are ready to extend your home with style and flair, here are five ideas on the types of gardens you can create:
- Self-sustaining Gardens. Self-sustaining gardens take care of themselves and rely on seasonal weather to survive without human interference. Many self-sustaining gardens produce organic, edible plants that can be harvested from time to time. Some people make use of a rainwater-harvesting system to water their yard and use the peels of harvested fruit and vegetables as compost.
- Herbs, Fruits, and Vegetables. If you prefer to live off the land, using your garden as a “farm” is a fantastic idea. By cultivating fruit trees, vegetables, and herbs (used for flavouring food and medicinal purposes), you will never need to revisit your greengrocer. Our landscaping professionals will help get you started with which plants to buy and where to plant them.
- Water Gardens. What could be more peaceful than the sound of running water in an outdoor sanctuary? Introducing water to your yard’s layout is a simple way to transform the way people interact with the environment. Fountains, fishponds, rock waterfalls, and even informal pools will form a semi-aquatic biome right in your backyard.
- Miniature Forests. Do you long for the mystical magic of a lush, green forest? With the right trees, shrubs, perennials, climbers, and groundcovers, you can live in one. Our landscaping professionals will help you select the right plants to give you that untamed, forest feel without breaking the bank.
- Xeriscape Designs. Arid and semi-arid environments do not see much natural rainfall. Areas like the Western Cape and Karoo within South Africa face periodic droughts and garden designs must be water-wise to avoid consuming too much moisture. Xeriscaping is a method of landscaping that makes uses water-saving solutions like drought-tolerant plants, mulch to keep the ground moist, and irrigation systems.
If you would like to spruce up your yard and create the beautiful oasis you have always wanted, contact us today about our landscaping services. For a wide selection of over 200 species of plants, feel free to visit our wholesale nursery.